The Campeur, as the name suggests, is a touring bike for paved, or unpaved, roads. It can carry a substantial load for long unsupported trips, yet handles beautifully even with no load. In fact, it makes a nice gravel racer.
Here are some of the highlights and specs:
- 4130 double butted chrome-molly frame and fork.
- 1" fork with lovely French-style bend. Uses a traditional quill stem (or adapter and threadless-style stem).
- 700c wheel size.
- Clearance for 38mm tires with fenders.
- Canti brake bosses. Seatstay cable stop with adjuster.
- Vertical dropouts with double eyelets front and rear.
- Fender bosses under fork crown, at seat stay bridge, and at chain stay bridge for easy fender mounting.
- Three water bottle cage mounts.
- Lowrider through bosses and seat stay rack eyelets
- Pump peg.
- Kickstand plate, because touring bikes should stand up.
- Metal head badge. Top tube decal by artist Dan Price.