Adventure Cyclist magazine has a great review of the VO Campeur front and rear racks in the June issue. I don't see the review online yet, so here are a few quotes:
- But my god, they were beautiful. And the handsome Grand Cru Front Handlebar Bag, made in Maryland, that they’d included in the shipment was a huge motivator to get the front rack installed
- "The VO Campeur racks are made of stainless steel with a lovely polished finish. The VO site states that the polish won’t rust or crack — I was skeptical, but after six months of Montana winter, I’m sold."
- "The hardware for all [mounting] options is included. As usual, Velo Orange included the loveliest details in their design — both front and back racks have mounts for dynamo lights and small threaded fender-stabilizing mounts for a true, custom fit."
- "Now that I’ve got the hang of it, it seems stupidly easy to remove and reinstall the racks..."
- "If you want instant bike-touring “street cred,” as far as I’m concerned, these racks turn your bike into the sort of chromed-out, souped-up coupe that Brian Wilson might croon about."
Grand Cru handlebar bag and had some nice things to say:
- "The French-style Grand Cru Handle-bar bag, with its heavy dark green 18 oz. U.S. cotton canvas and oiled bridle leather trim is so cino I can barely resist it."
- "One of the neat features is the internal stiffener which goes in a long sleeve; no plastic is exposed."
- "If you like clean lines and classic looks but don’t have very deep pockets, Velo Orange supplies the quality and craftsmanship to get you and your bike suitably styled for your next tour or tweed ride."