06 July, 2011

Miscellany

 The Cycloculture blog has been well regarded for their collection of interviews with bike designers, builders, and others in our industry. Unfortunately their standards may have have fallen recently, as they even published an interview with me.

The Lazy Randonneur has some nice things to say about our bars and stems. He also likes our headsets. The build is a 26" LHT. I've always like this blog, and not only for the bike content.

We just received a big shipment from our wheel building company. We'll do a little QC and photograph them today. The new wheels should be on the site soon.

This blog started out as, mostly, my blog and has evolved into an, almost, official company blog. We've recently been publishing more posts by other staff members, and I hope that trend continues. As part of the transition we're switching the Twitter feed from my tweets to the official VO account. I hope you follow both.

7 comments:

Greg said...

Nice interview, Chris. I liked this part: "One big change is that we're considering introducing a line of complete bikes."

I've been waiting for that for quite some time. Now, will that be the aforementioned Pass Hunter, or should I plan to wait a little longer?

Noah said...

Any chance you'll be stocking the track wheels in a 36 spoke set? I'm in the market for a set but I'm a bigger guy and carry a lot on the bike at times, so feel more comfortable with the extra spokes at least in the rear.

Velo Orange said...

Complete bike builds are still in the early planning stages. The 700c Polyvalent may be the first model.

We may make track wheel sets with 36h hubs, depends on how well these sell.

Unknown said...

Any plan for having 650b pre-built wheels using these new hubs? I only have 650b-wheeled bikes...

Alec said...

Franklyn: yes! We're hammering out the details for some 650b wheelsets now... They'll use our Diagonale rims and some of our new hubs...

web said...

Are the spokes on the built wheels butted?
Web

dwainedibbly said...

I love to see VO growing and offerning more services and products!

Any chance that you would think of starting a "buy your internal gear hub from us and we'll build your wheels with our front hub, rims, and spokes"? I build my own wheels, so when I wanted a Polyvalent with VO rims and an rear Alfine-11 hub and a SON front hub, I collected the parts & built them myself.

If I wasn't building my own wheels I could have had a local shop order the parts from VO, Peter White, and Shimano, but if you're going to offer wheel building anyway, why not take the next step? Certainly there would have to be limits on what you'd be willing to order in.