26 October, 2010

More Nice Bikes


Everyone here really liked Tyler's Polyvalent build. It's not a build I would have undertaken, but now that I see it I like it's minimalist look a lot. In fact, I might build something similar for myself. Tyler wrote:
Here's a photo of my new polyvalent. I'm commuting on it every day.  

It's a great frame...  the welding and paint are very well done and it rides like a dream!

I'm running a Shimano Alfine 8-speed hub and Paul Components canti brakes, both controlled by a Jtek shifted and brake levers. Jtek makes excellent gear for time trial bikes, but their parts are just as amazing on a commuter ride. Perhaps you might recommend them to your customers...

Anyway, thanks again for all the great VO products I own, they're top notch!

And here's a cool rando/porteur built by Pierce.  His description of it is the first comment to this post.

Speaking of nice bikes, the Philadelphia Bike Exposition is this weekend. VO isn't displaying, but there should be no shortage of other nice bikes.

3 comments:

Pierce said...

oh yeah, i've been meaning to email or comment a link to a picture of my rando for months, well this is what i've been riding since the spring: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4526363551_7c985b9486_b.jpg

i'm sure you're thinking oh no he put a porteur rack on a rando frame, i really haven't had any problems with it, it's great for how i use it. i've been seeing a lot of VO porteur racks around lately, yet they're all empty! and the people have huge bags on their backs, i haven't strapped anything to my back since i put this bike together.

volker said...

ditto on the jtek, i'm running an alfine 8speed with drop bars and it shifts like a dream. amazing build quality.

Velo Orange said...

Pierce, That's a great build too. I'll add the photo and comments to the post so more folks see it.