Dia-Compe 11-speed downtube shifters have landed. Retail is $85. Here they are on the site.
These are so much more than 11-speed downtube shifters. With over 50mm of total cable pull, these shifters will work with just about any derailleur. We've tested them on Shimano 11-speed road and Shimano 10-speed mountain. Here's what you need to know:
- Designed for 11-speed, but will work with fewer speeds;
- Better option for 10-speed drivetrains than our other Dia-compe levers;
- Non-indexed, micro ratchet design;
- Right barrel is larger than the left for more cable pull;
- Not compatible with bar end or "thumbie" mounts because of the oversized barrel.
To calculate the amount of total cable pull your drivetrain requires use the following formula
total cable pull = cable pull of intended shifter * (s - 1)Where s is the number of speeds of your cassette. If the total is less than 50mm, these shifters should work.
More about these on my previous post; I'm still running this setup on my Passhunter.
In other news, the Cigne stems are due in soon, hopefully within the next month. We're thinking these will be $80 retail. As for the Polyvalent 4, we're still pretty far out and waiting on first prototypes. The time scale will depend on how these turn out and what we want to change.