21 January, 2008

The North American Handmade Bicycle Show


The North American Handmade Bicycle Show will be held in Portland, Oregon February 8-10. This should be a truly spectacular show, probably the biggest ever. If there is any way at all that you can attend, you really should.

Velo Orange won't be exhibiting this year; it's not like we need more frame orders; but I'll be there to see the bikes and chat with other builders. I'll also be meeting with a couple of our Japanese suppliers who are flying over to attend.

VO will remain open and orders will continue to be shipped while I'm gone.

Hope to see you there!

9 comments:

RMHampel said...

See you there, Chris!

lynnef said...

me too! Or rather, we'll likely be attending the show at the same time :-) I'm local, so this is a REAL treat.

Anonymous said...

what about bringing one of each of ahren's city bikes?

Kathryn Hall said...

anyone have a nice spare bedroom for two on saturday night? please reply to kchalldc@hotmail.com

Velo Orange said...

Annon, I'd bring them, but they won't fit in my carry-on bag ;<)

Anonymous said...

I began making plans to go, even checked out the Amtrak schedules and some hotels. Timing is off for me.

Sounds as though it should be a great show. Based on what I have seen from the showing builders who interest me, a lot of the focus will be on the bike as transit.

Hope you have a good time Chris.

Anonymous said...

don't forget pictures ;-)

darcy

Steve said...

I hope you're planning on exhibiting at the Circque in Leesburg in June - there'll surely be at least two VO bikes there, a VO Randonneur and a City Bike.

Anonymous said...

La Quinta has rooms for $59 per night, with an indoor pool!