We were chatting about bike blogs and I asked some of the VO staffers which ones they read. Here are a few that we find interesting:
- gypsy by trade, A neat blog by a former VO staffer and now in Alaska
- Wheel Fanatyk, Igor, the new guy here, found this cool blog that's mostly about wheels.
- Bike Shop Girl, From Annette
- Bikeville, Old bikes from our friends at Bikeville, several of us read this.
- Cycling Tips, Racy stuff.
- Mercx Mondays, The Cannibal!
- Vintage Bicycle, Great old bikes described, nice photos too.
- Chasing mailboxes, Rando friends
- While Out Riding, UK cyclist touring North and South America
- The Lazy Randonneur, A cool blog about bikes, kite surfing, SUPing, etc.
- Jill Outside, Another great blog from Alaska; thanks Scott.
- Velo News, More racy stuff.
- Lovely Bicycle, Just lovely.
- The Daily Randonneur, More rando friends.
And a few non-bike blogs that we like:
- Archival Clothing, A great blog about quality stuff from a VO customer.
- bunnie's blog. Robert recommends this. I'm not really sure what it's about.
- Log Cabineer, Out in the woods.
- Lloyds Blog, About tiny houses and other fun stuff.
- The Cleanest Line, Patagonia's blog, one of my favorites
- Hops, Fig, and a Duck, recommended by Alec
- Surfrider Foundation, Recommended by me.
- FX Cuisine, This blog is dead, but I still keep going back to it.
- Carl Safina, Wonderful writer and oceanographer.
If you have any suggestions for non-commercial blogs, please mention them in the comments. We need new stuff to read in the new year.