- The final drawings for the VO skewers arrived this morning and they are ready for production. Arrival in a few weeks.
- The new style VO Croissant bags, and Baguette bags are in transit. We don't have a firm delivery date, but my best guess is 1-2 weeks.
- VO handlebar bags have been delayed. We made a small change, the placement of a couple of seams on the piping, and that seems to have stopped everything for a few weeks.
- VO 17-degree stems are in production.
- VO French thread BBs are scheduled for production and will be made next time we make our other BBs, probably about 3 months.
- Grand Cru 50.4mm BCD cranks are far behind schedule, but this is not a priority for us so long as we still have a stock of TA and Sugino PX cranks, so I'm not pushing.
- VO Porteur bars are delayed and are now probably 3 months out. There was an unexpected issue that required some new tooling, but progress is being made.
- The VO Production Randonneuse has experienced delay after delay. I must admit that project management has not been good; we are new at production frames. There have been many tiny changes to both the fork and frame to make it perfect. I'll write more about this soon as I expect major updates this week.
- The above also goes for the VO production city bike.
- VO tires have been postponed, too many projects at the moment and we have not found a factory that really meets our needs.
- VO Porteur racks will be made in a new factory and there should be no more shortages. We expect the new production in mid Spring. We may also have a new rack similar to the Nitto M-12. These will be stainless steel and priced below current offerings.
- Ring locks are on the way, within a few weeks.
- Inexpensive hub dynamos are expected in March, maybe sooner.
- We've been designing packaging for VO products. Since more stores are carrying our products we need "shelf ready" packaging. Once all the packaging work is done we'll be working on VO cable housing and brake shoes again. Designing packaging after the fact has been a real headache. So we're making an effort be more like big component companies and have the packaging ready ahead of time.
- VO panniers are the next bag project. We hope to have them sometime this summer.
By the way, there are over 100 VO products now (if you count all sizes and colors) and we stock almost 500 products from other manufacturers.
The illustrations are from a wonderful Japanese artist, Yuzuriha Satoshi , whose site is yuzuriha.com. Click on the cycling link on the left.