The goal was to make an absolutely top-of-the-line 1" threaded silver headset. It took a few tries and a larger minimum order than we would have liked, but we think the result was worthwhile. look at the details:
- Over-sized sealed bearings
- Alloy construction
- A discrete logo; no huge and garish lettering
- The bearings can be replaced by simply dropping them into place, not be pressed in.
- The fork crown race is split so it slides on without tools. (ISO, 26.4mm)
- Rubber seal on the lock nut
This is a $40 headset that we feel is comparable to some that cost two, or even three, times as much. I'm proud of this component.
Also, we now have the $19 VO loose-ball headsets in both JIS and ISO sizes.