- Tressostar has just discontinued green, gray, and ORANGE handlebar tape! What are they thinking?
- TA has confirmed that we can get another 100 Pro 5 VIS cranks. This was a 60th anniversary batch that was forged, but never polished. I wonder what they planned to do with them if we had not bought them, just dump them? You can reserve a set. This is all there is; forever; really, unless they dig up another dusty box.
- Honjo will finish our fenders late next month. The fenders will take 2-3 weeks to ship. When they arrive we'll have several new models.
- Our Velo Orange brand fenders will be finished next week and will ship by freighter. If they look good we will immediately order a 650b version.
- We are out of Ostrich bar bags and, for the first time, are really pushing a Japanese company to finish an order ASAP. We'll see if it works.
- If you want decaleurs or racks you should order soon. We will run out for 4-8 weeks. Sorry but our sales have increase threefold this year and we just didn't plan for it.
- The Porteur chaincases should be available next week.
- I think the name of our eventual built-in-Taiwan bikes will be Cycles Escargot. The idea is to have a less expensive line of bikes, but without diluting the VO brand name. Opinions please? We are shopping for a factory to make a 650b touring frame and a 650B city bike frame. These will also be sold as complete bikes.
- I am almost finished designing an absolute top of the line cost-not-considered VO frame. The intent of this frame will be to be as light, look as beautiful, and ride as well as any rando bike on the planet. I don't think a $2500 frame will sell particularly well, but I'd like VO to have a halo product that folks will consider alongside Singer, Weigle, Mariposa... Of course saying it is the easy part. Johnny, you have your work cut out for you.
- Speaking of Johnny, frame orders have been rolling in steadily and the wait time for a Rando frame has now increased to 8 months. The first mixte city bike is back from the paint shop and I'll post photos very soon.
- Does anyone want to order the first VO Camper frame? We will sell the first couple at cost (with racks.) But we get to pick the paint and some of the options.
13 June, 2007
Posted by Velo Orange at 3:11:00 PM