Nothing like getting a new bike. I just built up my new Ebisu frame and it is fantastic. The designer is Hiroshi Iimura of Jitensha Studio, who's been designing bikes since 1960. Here is a link to some photos of his early designs. The frame is built in Japan by Mr Hakuda, an NJS certified builder who runs a one-man shop.
Ebisu (恵比須, 恵比寿, 夷, 戎) is the "LaughingGod" in Japanese mythology. He is the God of fishermen, workingmen, and of good luck.
Here are the build specs. There are more photos here.
- Crank - Specialized triple 46, 34, 26
- Brifters - Campy Centaur 9-speed
- Rear derailleur - Campy Chorus long cage
- Front dreailleur - Campy Euclid
- Hubs- Shimano XT
- Rims - Sun CR18
- Tires - Pasela 32mm
- Seatpost - Ritchey/Nitto
- Saddle - Brooks Pro (may change to an Ideale 90)
- Stem - Nitto Pearl
- Bars - Nitto 115/45
- Headset- Ritchey WSC
- Front rack - custom
- Brakes - old Dia Compe (not sure of model)
- Pedals- MKS Cube (a great pedal)
- Fenders - Honjo hammered 43mm
- Water bottle cages - Delta stainless steel
- Size - 60cm c-c, 61.5cm c-t, 59.5cm tt